Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Porkchops! And Coconut Milkless Curry

Bad day. I'll be going away for college, which means .. no cooking. Well, less cooking. More like a weekend thing which saddens me. Then again, I can always cook in the dorm's kitchen. But aside from that, dinner was good.


Weird mix of food, but hey, I liked it (that doesn't say much). Seared slightly pink pork chop with onion, coriander, cumin, spring onion - a couscous with cherry tomatoes, garlic, and feta - and a little spicy Korean cucumber salad (pickles!). I know it sounds really bizarre but it was quite good, could have had a little less coriander but not bad for my first time cooking with coriander.

Well, last night, while watching The F Word, I saw saw curry, and I thought to myself, why not try it? I had never made curry before, I was missing coconut milk and like 2 other ingredients but like the person I am, I got up and made it anyway. So, I whipped up some shrimp-curry-without-coconut-milk (I will be damned by the curry gods one day) and threw in shrimp instead of chicken and some potatoes. Turned out quite good. Instead of coconut milk, I added heavy cream. I just don't know what to do with that tiny pint of heavy cream, it has been in the fridge for like 2 weeks already. Maybe I'll make a cheesecake or a potato gratin or something. Hmm, cheesecake cupcakes. Innovative? Or plain ol' crazy?


Not the most appetizing looking thing due to my camera-phone.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm, curry with shrimp while it may sound crazy it must have tasted nice. To bad about college and the whole cooking less, but remember it will be an amazing experience and to just try your best and you will be able to cook more then you do now. You should have a friend or boyfriend that would love to taste your cooking incase you don't want to use the dorm kitchen. Well back to the topic, yes curry is something i have never tasted and am excited about getting to taste. *Suggestion*, like i have stated before it is kinda hard to tell whether some of the innovative things you make are good so please next time rate the taste and difficulty who knows i might steal a few recipes and post recipes please. Till next post will be waiting hungrily(don't know if thats a word.lol.)

    ReplyDelete